The brass binocular body cover plates form the folding bridge at each end.
W. Watson & Sons Manufacturers was an optician and camera maker based in Edinburgh and London. It made fine wooden view cameras and others as well as binoculars, microscopes, movie projectors and so on. It was founded in 1837 and became one of the leading British producers of photographic equipment. In 1900 it acquired the John Browning & Co. . It lasted until 1956.