Collecting Military Binoculars

Subtitle

German Dienstglas 6 x 30 Zeiss (Oberkochen) BW

 

 

No:  498136

 

For the  C.Zeiss history click here

 

The Zeiss 6 x 30 and 8x30 were the first commercial binoculars produced by the West German Zeiss firm after the second world war.

Production started June 1957. This 6 x 30 bino was used by the Bundeswehr (West German Army) until the late 1980's. The later  6 x 30 were delivered with a partial rubber armor.  Reticle is on the right.