Collecting Military Binoculars
German military binocular 6x39 “Fernglas 08 “ Carl Zeiss Jena 1914
This is a Galilei binoculars with a casted metal body. Field: 77,4 m/1000m. The German administration ordered in 1908 a binocular (Fernglas 08) for the Infantry squad leader bij the Firm Goerz. It became the standard infantry binoculars in 1916. All German optical factories produced it.
This specimen was produced in 1914, but used in 1917. At that time it became obsolete, because the Porro/Prism system was so much better.